Caritas was established by Debbie Smith in 2009 and was backed by the HCIG Investment Team (now known as nGage Specialist Recruitment). The business was founded on the belief that there was a gap in the market for a social care recruiter with the passion and quality of smaller outfits, but created with the infrastructure for rapid growth.
"Being part of HCIG offers an efficient and flexible support system that covers every aspect of a recruitment business, along with the chance to work with some of the best leaders in recruitment today. We have been able to achieve unprecedented success in just five years – something we would never have been able to do on our own."
DEBBIE SMITH | CEO | CARITAS RECRUITMENT
CEO Debbie Smith brought with her significant market expertise with over eight years social work recruitment experience. Since inception, Caritas has achieved the following:
- Growth to over 150 heads across two offices, London and Birmingham
- £1 million in GP in year one and £1 million in EBIT in year two
- Acting as a supplier to 150 local authorities
- Leading Social Care recruiter in the Recruiter Hot 100 in 2013
- Top 5 on the recruiter HOT 10 Public Sector Recruiters list 2013
Caritas was sold as part of the MBO of the Human Capital Investment Group (nGage Specialist Recruitment), backed by Graphite Private Equity in November 2014.